WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus has self-quarantined following results of contact tracing that linked him to someone who tested positive for coronavirus.
The DG said on his twitter handle that he is well and was following all the WHO protocol.
“I have been identified as a contact of someone who has tested positive …I am well and without symptoms but will self-quarantine over the coming days, in line with protocols, and work from home,” said Ghebreyesus.
The twit continues, ” It is critically important that we all comply with health guidance. This is how we will break chains of virus transmission, suppress the virus, and protect health systems.”
Contact Tracing has proved to be the most effective way to tract the spread of the virus across the world.
The virus seems to be taking its second wave as most countries have been forced to go back to lock down.
Covid-19 has claimed nearly 1.2 million lives and infected more than 46 million people worldwide since it was first detected in China late last year.
In Kenya, the virus has affected 55877 people since March, with the recent statistics showing possibilities of a second wave of infections.
As at Sunday, 685 new cases were confirmed by the ministry of health, as 17 people succumb to the virus.
President Uhuru Kenyatta is expected to address the nation on November 4, with much concerns being raised on the increasing numbers of COVID-19 in the country, barely four months after the reopening of various sectors of the economy.
The reopening of schools, which happened recently, has posed the lives of children at risk with most schools shutting down weeks after reporting cases of the novel virus.
Much is expected from the president’s address, including move to tighten again the measures set to curb the spread of the virus.
The main question to the ministry is how they are undertaking contact tracing to minimize the spread of this deadly disease?