The most common way of using WhatsApp on your personal computer is WhatsApp Web, which requires a smartphone with an active WhatsApp Account running on it.
However, WhatsApp web records a number of failures especially when the phone camera is not working properly to clearly scan the connection code.
As Techbout writes, there are several ways of using WhatsApp on your PC without having to connect your smartphone.
One of these is the use of Android Emulators –like “BlueStacks” or “Andy” –which creates an Android like environment on your PC, allowing you to run Android Apps, including WhatsApp.
BlueStacks has proved to be easiest emulator you can use to connect WhatsApp on your PC independently, without the need to have an WhatsApp Account on your Mobile Phone.
Here are the steps to follow;
Download and Install BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC and then download and Install WhatsApp on your PC.
1. Open Chrome or any other web browser on your Computer and go to bluestacks.com.
2. Once you are on bluestacks.com, click on Download BlueStacks button to download BlueStacks on your computer.
3. After BlueStacks is downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file to begin the process of installing BlueStacks on your computer.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation of BlueStacks Application on your PC or Mac.
5. Once BlueStacks is installed, open the application by clicking on the BlueStacks icon.
6. After opening BlueStacks, you should be able to see WhatsApp on the list of popular Apps listed by BlueStacks. If not, you can search for WhatsApp by typing in the BlueStacks Search bar.
7. Once you are able to find WhatsApp, click on the Install button to download and Install WhatsApp on your Computer.
8. After WhatsApp is downloaded and Installed, open WhatsApp by clicking on the WhatsApp icon on your computer.
9. Next, WhatsApp will prompt you to enter your Phone number so that you can receive a verification Code from WhatsApp.
You can enter your Home Phone Number, in case you do not have a Mobile Phone Number.
Verify WhatsApp By Entering Phone Number On Android Phone
10. Once you enter the Home Phone Number, you will see a verification failed message on your computer. Just click on the Call ME option. Call Me Option on WhatsApp Verification Screen
11. You will get an Automated Message From WhatsApp on your Home Phone Number. Listen to the Message and note down the Verification Code.
12. Enter the Verification Code in the pop-up on your computer (See image below).
Verify WhatsApp By Entering WhatsApp Verification Code
After entering the verification code, you will see your WhatsApp Account on your computer.